- Obtain Verification of Authenticity letter from FAA
- Fill out Form 8060-71 and send to the FAA via mail, fax or email (addresses below)
- Use FSDO location: Tampa, FL
- You will then receive a confirmation letter from the FAA. At that point you may pick up your Validation Letter at the FSDO which you named in Form 8060-71 (Tampa, FL) within 6 months.
- The processing of the Verification of Authenticity of Foreign License, Rating, and Medical Certification form takes approximately 45 to 90 days to complete.
- Register on IACRA: http://iacra.faa.gov/iacra/. Keep your registration number!
- Set an appointment with a Designated Pilot Examiner (recommendations available) to obtain your Temporary Restricted Airmen Certificate You will need to have these required documents for your appointment:
- Foreign License
- Foreign Medical
- Verification letter from FAA
- FTN #: Provided during IACRA registration
- Schedule a flight review / check out with one of St. Pete Air’s Certified Flight Instructors
- You are ready to fly in the US!
Send The FAA Your Information:
Choose any of the following methods:
Federal Aviation Administration
Airmen Certification Branch, AFS-760
P.O. Box 25082
Oklahoma City, OK 73125-0082
Please email the signed application and documents to email@example.com
NOTE: We currently do not accept digital signatures. We require that the application be signed in ink prior to scanning and transmission.
For more information visit the FAA website.