The city of St. Pete is nestled between the Gulf of Mexico and Tampa Bay and is known for its warm weather and delightful breezes.
Recognized as a cultural center and family favorite, St. Petersburg offers an array of interactive, art, science and natural attractions to spark your group’s curiosity, while its beaches – some of America’s best – offer major fun in the sun.
When you’re not flying through our beautiful skies, plan a visit to the Salvador Dali Museum, Fort De Soto Park and one of our many museums. Take a bike ride along the 38 mile Pinellas Trail and enjoy the beautiful waterfront parks, dining and shopping.
At St. Pete Air, our knowledgeable staff is pleased to assist you in the process of obtaining flight privileges in the U.S.
Please feel free to contact us directly with any questions you may have.
Steps To Obtain A U.S. Equivalency License
- Obtain Verification of Authenticity letter from FAA
- Fill out Form 8060-71 and send to the FAA via mail, fax or email (addresses below)
- Use FSDO location: Tampa, FL
- You will then receive a confirmation letter from the FAA. At that point you may pick up your Validation Letter at the FSDO which you named in Form 8060-71 (Tampa, FL) within 6 months.
- The processing of the Verification of Authenticity of Foreign License, Rating, and Medical Certification form takes approximately 45 to 90 days to complete.
- Register on IACRA: http://iacra.faa.gov/iacra/. Keep your registration number!
- Set an appointment with a Designated Pilot Examiner (recommendations available) to obtain your Temporary Restricted Airmen Certificate You will need to have these required documents for your appointment:
- Foreign License
- Foreign Medical
- Verification letter from FAA
- FTN #: Provided during IACRA registration
- Schedule a flight review / check out with one of St. Pete Air’s Certified Flight Instructors
- You are ready to fly in the US!
Send The FAA Your Information:
Choose any of the following methods:
Federal Aviation Administration
Airmen Certification Branch, AFS-760
P.O. Box 25082
Oklahoma City, OK 73125-0082
Please email the signed application and documents to email@example.com
NOTE: We currently do not accept digital signatures. We require that the application be signed in ink prior to scanning and transmission.
For more information visit the FAA website.